Thursday, December 18, 2008

Tofu Wraps and Sweet Potato Fries

Yummy, yummy, yummy! The recipe I used stemmed from this recipe. I don't have a small fortune to spend on baked tofu from the health mart so I made some from another recipe. I believe it couldn't have turned out better. The recipe using the homemade baked tofu makes 6 wraps. Chip, my pickiest tofu eater, had seconds.

Baked Tofu Spinach Wrap (my changes in red)

2 whole wheat tortillas (6)
1 package hickory flavor baked tofu (see recipe below)
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar (1/8-1/4 cup for 6)
1 cup fresh baby spinach
1 TBS ranch
1 TBS grated parmesan

Place slices of tofu in center of each tortilla. Sprinkle cheddar and warm in microwave. (tofu was already warm because it was baked) Put spinach and ranch on. Sprinkle with parmesan. Roll and eat.

Baked Tofu (my changes in red)

1 pkg extra firm tofu
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 TBS maple syrup (I used homemade)
2 TBS ketchup
1 TBS vinegar
1 dash hot sauce (a dish, a dash, who knows how much, just to taste)
1 TBS sesame seeds (I didn't use this because I was out)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tesapoon liquid smoke

Press and slice tofu. (I sliced it horizontally three times then sliced each third in two) Stir together all ingredients. (brush marinade on each side of tofu) Pour sauce over tofu. Marinate at least 5 minutes. (let sit for 15 or so minutes brushing more on as you want) Put tofu on sprayed cookie sheet. Bake in preheated 375º over 15 minutes on each side. It should turn golden brown.

Oven Roasted Sweet Potato Fries (mainly I followed the recipe but since I don't buy Lawry's because I used my all natural stuff. If you don't have seasoned salt try making your own!) I didn't put changes in red just put the recipe the way I made it.

1 tsp seasoned salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp parsley flakes
1/4 tsp chili powder
sweet potatos
2 tbs olive oil

Combine spices. Scrub and wedge sweet potatos. I cut in half lengthwise then cut 3-4 lengths. They don't look like wedges but more like fries. Put fries in bowl. Pour olive oil and spices on. Mix with hands and put on cookie sheet. Bake 40-50 minutes in preheated 425º turning once. The fries will no be crispy but will be wonderfully delicious!
Photobucket

No comments: